Video Contest Rules
2018 MASE Uranium Video Contest Rules
RULES: A submission that does not adhere to all the contest rules will not be considered for a cash award.
- Submissions must not exceed 5 min in length.
- Submissions need not be by area residents only. There will be an awards ceremony in Grants on December 7 and all participants are invited to attend. Travel expenses for winning videographers to attend the reception are not included.
- Submissions must not contain foul language or slander.
- Contestants submitting videos that contain significant non-English spoken dialogue must provide on-screen English subtitles.
- Video can be any type (traditional video, animation, flash, etc.).
- Winners will be responsible for providing MASE with a high-resolution copy of their video before prize money is distributed.
- Submissions can be made in one of three categories: Intermediate (ages 14 and below); Advanced (ages 15-18); and Independent (ages 19-30)
- Prizes will be awarded in each category: $300 First Place, $200 Second Place, and $100 Third Place.
- Winners will be notified in November and invited to the awards ceremony on December 7.
- Winners will be announced publicly on December 7 at in conjunction with the International Uranium Film Festival on the NM State University Campus, Martinez Hall, 1500 Third Street, Grants, NM.
- Winners agree to allow their short to be featured on the MASE website.
- By submitting your video, you are agreeing to the MASE Legal Release. Download Legal pdf here.
- This contest is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, Facebook. By submitting your video, you agree to release Facebook of any and all liability associated with this contest.